Family Court Services

Third Judicial District of Idaho

Serving Adams, Gem, Canyon, Owyhee, Payette, and Washington Counties


Due to COVID-19, Family Court Services has suspended in-person assistance. You will likely find the information you are looking for on this website or you can email familycourtservices@canyonco.org.

All in-person“Focus on Children” classes and Mediation Workshops are suspended. You will still need to comply with the order to attend “Focus on Children.” 

How can you comply with the order for you to attend “Focus on Children”?

  • Go to the “Focus on Children” tab above
  • Scroll to the bottom
  • Follow the directions to proceed
  • Please note: The 75 mile requirement to comply online is waived
  • You must mail in payment before accessing the video. We will send you the password and class materials.

A note from your Family Court Services District Manager:

Dear Parents,

It is with regret that we have temporarily closed our office for in-person visits and suspended or revised most of our services. However, your health is of utmost importance to us. While we may
not be in our office, we are here for you via email and our website. Please stay safe and healthy during this unprecedented time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mary H. Hoffman, LMSW
District Manager
Family Court Services
Third Judicial District

MISSION STATEMENT Family Court Services promotes and facilitates respectful, collaborative, and timely resolution of family law cases, beginning with the least costly and least intrusive options for families and the Courts.

Family Court Services offers a “tool box” of services and referrals for parents involved in family law  matters, including, but not limited to:

  • Parenting Apart Education “Focus On Children”
  • Parenting Plan Assistance
  • Child Custody Mediation
  • Effective Co-Parenting Guidance
  • Child Custody Evaluators
  • Parenting Coordinators
  • Safe and secure visitation for children (Supervised Access)

Family Court Services does not provide legal advice. Those seeking to file for divorce, custody, child support, or modification of custody or child support are advised to seek legal advice or assistance. The Idaho State Bar provides a free Lawyer Referral Service .

You may obtain the instructions and court documents (fees may apply) at your local county courthouse through the Court Assistance Office.

English | Español